1. Check your thermostat:
- Make sure your thermostat is set to cool
- Make sure your thermostat is in manual mode, not programmable
- Set temperature down 5 degrees below room temperature to see if unit comes on
2. Is your Indoor or Outdoor unit running?
- Do you hear a buzz by the unit?
- Make sure you have power to the unit, check electrical box for blown fuse/tripped breaker
3. Not enough air blowing through registers:
- Check air filter near the furnace
- If dirty, remove and replace
- Pleated 1” filters fill quickly and need to be replaced more often than 1” fiberglass filters
4. Inadequate cooling:
- Check outdoor unit for dirt or pollen covering unit
- Remove any debris (i.e. plants, tall grass, etc.) around the outdoor unit
- Use garden hose to clean any debris off the unit
5. Water around the furnace?
- Is the condensate pump plugged in?
- Is the pump running? Overflowing?
6. AC still not working properly??