What better way to celebrate our precious EARTH than conserving water. If protecting our earth’s natural resource wasn’t enough enticement, there’s always the savings you get on your personal water bill!
MONEY SAVINGS TIPS!
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high usage. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
- Listen for dripping faucets and running toilets. Fixing a leak can save you 300 gallons a month or more!
- Check your toilet tank for leaks. Put some dark or bright food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the toilet bowl without flushing, you have a leak between your tank and bowl. Getting this fixed can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.
- Get that leaky faucet fixed. It’s simple, inexpensive, and you can save 140 gallons a week; not to mention, you will save $$$.
- Know where your master water shut-off valve is located. This can save water and prevent costly damage to your home.
- Don’t use your toilet as an ashtray or trash can. Flushing garbage wastes 5 – 7 gallons of water per flush. Not to mention, it’s not good for your pipes and can cause costly clogs.
- Upgrade toilets, shower heads and faucets with water efficient models. You can save more than $90 per year in reduced water bills with water saving fixtures.
- Water only when necessary. More plants die from over-watering than from under-watering.