Heavy rain can cause problems for your home: Helpful Tips and Solutions to Keep You and Your Family Comfortable
The Capital Region commonly experiences heavy rain showers and thunderstorms. With this heavy rain, you may begin to experience a few problems. Basement flooding, mold growth, musty smells, and damage to possessions are common occurrences in weather like this. So what can you do? See some helpful tips to help you keep your basement dry and prevent moisture problems!
- Ensure your sump-pump is in good working order – have it serviced by a licensed and reputable plumber annually.
- Consider having a licensed plumber install a back-up sump pump in your basement if you a prone to flooding and you are in an area where power outages are frequent.
- To reduce humidity levels in your home, have a professional add a dehumidifier to your HVAC system.
- Keep your basement windows closed at all times.
- Look for ways to divert rainwater away from your home—extend rain gutter down-spouts away from home and make sure the grade of your yard surfaces slope away from your home.
- Make sure rain gutters are clean and unobstructed.
At streetdance3.ru our service experts are available 24/7 for you and only a phone call away