Today, March 22, 2013 is UN World Water Day!
From the Water.org website:
“As you might imagine, World Water Day is our favorite holiday. There’s no shortage of ways you can jump in!
World Water Day was created in 1993 by the United Nations. Water.org uses the entire week to spread the word of sustainable safe water access for the nearly a billion people currently without it. Our goal is to make this a reality in our lifetime and so we celebrate water and all the progress that has been made, and that we are continuing to make.
Check out some of the activities you can get involved in today:
- Donate Your Voice to the cause using your Facebook or Twitter status. Sign up now! The campaign runs through March 23th.
- New videos on Youtube: Watch the Water Day playlist, starting with brand-new content from India!
- Twitter Town Hall: Water.org joins Habitat for Humanity, Millennium Challenge Corp and others who are asking tough questions about the water crisis. Starting at 11am EST, you can participate by following the #water4all hashtag.
- Join the Google Hangout at 1:30pm EST where five water nonprofits discuss and celebrate World Water Day.
- Give one person clean water. $25 brings one person clean water for life.”
For more information, or to become involved, visit the UN World Water Day website and the Water.org website. There are also special resources for educators and children that can be found by following this link.
Follow coverage in the media of World Water Day 2013 with Google News.