Take a deep breath – do you feel the toxins, pollutants, and dirt that exist in the indoor air of your home? Probably not, but they exist.
In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency released a statement that “indoor air pollution is one of our biggest environmental health threats … bigger than toxic wastes sites and the destruction of the ozone layer.”
Because people spend 90% of their time indoors, it’s important to maintain a clean air system throughout your entire home. You wouldn’t subject your family to toxins and pollutants that you can touch and feel – why should the air in your home be any different?
The Effects of Indoor Air Pollution to Your Health Read more »
Do you have plans to relax this Spring and Summer, but your concerned your central air conditioning system may take some time off too? You’re left with a decision to make; do I invest in a costly repair or do I consider a replacement?
Here are some ways to help you decide whether you should replace or repair your Air Conditioning system:
- Age matters. The age of your unit is important. If your system is more than 10 years old, it’s time to replace it.
- Help the environment and your wallet. If you’re looking to save money on energy costs, then it is probably time to replace rather than repair. Newer units have more energy-efficient features so you can save over time, realizing a return on your investment. Plus, with tax rebates provided by the government, choosing a more eco-friendly system is less costly than you think.
- Audit your utility bill for answers. Take a look at your energy bills during a 3-month period. If you see that your energy costs are going up while your output remains the same, then it is time to bring in a professional. An experienced HVAC technician can perform an inspection, at which time you can decide if it’s more cost effective to repair or replace. When in doubt, bring in a professional.
- Get an Estimate – It’s best to get two estimates; one to repair and one to replace. If the repair estimate is more than half the cost of a new unit, replace your system.
- Check the Warranty – If your Air Conditioning system is still under warranty, have it repaired. It’s almost always a good decision to take advantage of your warranty while it is in effect.
Since 1939, streetdance3.ru in Houston, TX has helped homeowners like you make important decisions for their home. Our professional HVAC team will never recommend a costly Air conditioning repair or replacement unless it’s the right answer for you. Call today and let us provide the Red Carpet Treatment you deserve!
Staying cool and comfortable during the summer can be both expensive and stressful on your Central Air Conditioning system. A taxed system performs less effectively, costs more to function, and can break down before its natural time. There are ways to stay cool and protect your air conditioning system from overwork
Read more »
The best time to learn about the dangers of household mold is now. It can have a long-lasting, detrimental effect on your physical and even mental health. Although a little bleach and water can remove visible mold in the home, it does little to protect you from the unseen dangers.
Household Mold – What is it?
Molds are simple, microscopic organisms that thrive indoor and outdoors in any environment. Molds, which include mushrooms and yeast, are fungi that are necessary to break down dead material and recycle nutrients in the environment. Molds reproduce through tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye. The spores float through the air and may grow rapidly indoors when they land on wet surfaces in your home. Add heat and humidity above 50% and you have mold that proliferates rapidly. Although there are many types of mold, none of them will grow without moisture or water. While toxic mold sounds both terrifying and catchy, it’s not the mold that is toxic but the spores it produces. Molds that include S. chartarum, Fusarium, and Trichoderma release spores that include dangerous substances called mycotoxins. Once they become airborne and you inhale them, they absorb into your skin and intestines. In addition to toxic spores, these molds produce gases that release mycotoxins.
Read more »
As a typical homeowner you may not fully understand the benefits of a S.E.E.R rating. The SEER rating is the most common way to measure your air conditioning unit’s energy-efficiency. SEER rating describes how well your unit converts electricity to cool power
The performance of your AC unit is largely dependent upon your HVAC unit’s operating efficiency. What does this mean for you as an Houston, Texas homeowner? It means you can save thousands on energy costs when you fully understand how to enhance efficiency with a unit that has a higher SEER rating. SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) is a system that was developed by the federal government and equipment manufacturers. It’s a guideline that measures energy consumption so consumers can monitor the carbon footprint and energy output of their residential AC unit. Simply put, the more energy-efficient an air conditioner is, the higher its SEER rating will be.
Read more »